SafeKey Corporation was created by a group of professionals focused on creating effective and innovative driver safety tools providing real-time driver and cargo safety and security.
- A privately held, Minneapolis-based corporation founded in 2009.
- Exclusively focused on safety tools and deterrents.
- 2013 – PeopleNet partners with SafeKey to help customers protect assets and monitor driver well-being.
- 2014 – SafeKey partners with WM Security Services (WMSSI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Waste Management, Inc. to ensure the safety of the transportation industry across the nation.
- 2016 – SafeKey partners with Velociti Inc. to ensure first-rate installation services and support.
Meet the Team
SafeKey Corporation was created by a group of professionals interested in finding ways to protect professional drivers, their trucks and cargo.
Michael J. Sowada
Mike Sowada has been a business and technology leader for 30 years. Before SafeKey, Mike was CEO and/or Founder of Data Center Advisors, VISI, Digital North and DKS Systems. Mike also has extensive business and technology experience at companies such as TDS Telecommunications, Accenture and Musicland Group; plus numerous consulting roles for Fortune 500 companies down to small start-ups.
Mike has won numerous awards, including being named “2009 Entrepreneur of the Year” and “2005 Emerging Entrepreneur”, for his contributions and leadership in the business community. Mike has been a guest speaker at the University of St. Thomas, University of Minnesota and numerous business organizations.
Mike holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Mankato State University and an MBA in Venture Management from the University of St. Thomas.